Mate is a South American drink and very popular in Argentina, Brazil, Uruguay and Paraguay. The leaves of the yerba mate bush yield a slightly sweet-sour, smoky brew. Originally the mate is drunk through a pipe (bombilla) out of a hollow pumpkin (gourd or calebasse, see below). The health benefits of Mate are manifold and it contains practically all vital vitamins. Mate is highly energising and contains caffeine.
100g (default, makes 50-75 cups), please select under 'options'.
Health properties:- contains vitamins A (beta-carotene), C, E, B1, B2, B3 (niacin), B5 B complex
- rich in minerals (calcium, manganese, iron, selenium, potassium, magnesium, phosphorus) and trace elements
- has the same amount of antioxidants as green tea
- contains caffeine
- is very energising and combats fatigue
- increases concentration and mental alertness
- helps to burn fat
- suppresses appetite and aids weight loss
- strengthens the immune system
- helps to lower cholesterol
- cleanses and detoxifies
|Ingredients||80°C, 1-2 tea spoons/cup,|
|Ingredients Line 2||2-5 minutes,|
|Ingredients Line 3||2-3 infusions|