Consultancy (not a Franchise but close enough)
Since we opened the first tea house in 2007 we developed, improved and tested our concept and knowledge constantly. All the hard work has been done already, mistakes have been made so you do not have to make them yourself.
Although not a franchise we can give you all the benefits of a franchise concept but without the ongoing costs.
We want to help to set up your new business or to guide existing businesses into unknown territory.
How can we be of service to you and your business?
- Tea specific assistance
- General background knowledge (origin/history of tea, tea types, tea production, health benefits).
- It is crucial that you are an authority on the subject to be authentic and to sell your products convincingly.
- Practical training for you and your staff (sourcing, buying and storage of tea, suitable teaware, tea etiquette etc.).
- Tea tasting and brewing techniques.
- Product development (tea latte, smoothies, cocktails, iced teas, your own tea blends, tea vodka etc.).
- Cooking with tea – how to incorporate tea leaves, tea liquor, tea reductions etc. into your style of cooking/baking/dishes.
- Business specific assistance
- Help in creating your business plan (what is your business model, what do you want to achieve, how do you want to achieve it, marketing, financing).
- How to set up a tea related business.
- Concept and design of a shop, café, restaurant or other types of business within your own ideas (layout, materials, functionality of design).
- Supply chain management (flow of goods and services).
- Operational business (day-to-day running, establishing a routine in all areas for a smooth and efficient operation).
- We can create an operational manual if required (specifies and describes all reoccurring tasks). This sets objective standards and makes your business more independent from staff fluctuation.
- Creating the tea menu (selection of teas, wording, pricing, Afternoon Tea, tea drinks - all in line with the other products you intend to offer)
- Customer service: how to deal with customer questions, complaints and issues.
- Opening/re-launching of business (soft or hard opening, introductory special offers, free tea tasting, etc.)
- For existing businesses we advise and give guidance on how and what teas and/or accessories to choose.
What is the next step?
We would like to hear from you.
Let us know your ideas, dreams and visions.
From your half-baked ideas to concrete plans you may already have – we can help you at any stage of your endeavour.
How to reach us?
Telephone: +353 (0)1 2899436
When my husband and I thought of opening the first Tearoom in Egypt, although the idea was very intriguing, yet it was hard to bring to reality because we simply knew nothing about tea. Until one day I ran into the webpage of “House of Tea”, where they mentioned they offered consultation service. Having tried to contact some tea businesses before and not receiving any feedback, I didn´t count on a reply, yet, Mr Martin Mehner, the owner, replied rapidly to our inquiry, offered us a great value training proposition, and he came all the way to Cairo/Egypt to help us set our Tearoom. We couldn´t imagine we could learn about tea in a week, but thanks to Mr Mehner´s complete dedication and perfectly designed program, we covered all that we need to run our business (tea history, types, brewing and tasting, tearoom equipment ..etc). Martin, We can´t thank you enough for your efforts and your attention to all possible details, as well as for the lovely variety of teas you brought us.
Thank you again, and looking forward to inviting you to the first tearoom in Egypt.
Lamia & Hesham, Cairo, Egypt